What do you see along King County’s 175-mile Regional Trails System? Share it with us and your photo could make the next cover of the regional trails map! You’ve got until September 28 to submit your photo via our Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/rtsmapcovercontest/.
Here’s how it works:
1. AM I ELIGIBLE?
King County Parks employees, their family members, and contest judges are ineligible. See contest rules for more information about eligibility.
2. WHAT SHOULD THE PHOTO DEPICT?
- Image content must not demonstrate any inappropriate or illegal activity, such as off-leash dogs, or cyclists or equestrians without helmets.
- The photo must be able to fit the vertical format of the map’s cover – wide landscape orientation shots are discouraged.
- The minimum resolution should be 300 dpi.
- Photos should be from within the past 12 months.
- Please submit your own photos.
**Only photos taken on King County’s portions of the Regional Trails System are eligible.**
3. HOW DO I SUBMIT MY PHOTO?
- To submit your photos, use your Yahoo!, Google or Facebook account to log into Flickr. If you do not have an account, you can sign-up for free.
- Join the King County Parks RTS Map Cover Contest Group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/rtsmapcovercontest/
- Upload your image to this group.
- Identify the location of photo in the photo caption. For example: “Name of trail, exact location” – Burke-Gilman Trail – near Log Boom Park (geo-location preferred).
4. HOW LONG DO I HAVE?
Extended through September 28, 2014
5. WHAT WILL I WIN?
Judges’ Choice Grand Prize: One winning photo will be featured on the cover of the next issue of the “Regional Trails in King County” map, which is available online and in print when it is reprinted this September, and will remain on the cover for at least the next six months. In addition to the cover photo, winner will also receive a performance REI XT 85 pack generously donated by REI.
Second Prize: The runner-up will win a pair of tickets to a 2014 Marymoor Park Concert Series show.
Honorable Mention: Receive a King County Parks swag bag.
6. WHO CHOOSES THE WINNING PHOTO?
The winning image will be evaluated by a panel of King County employees. King County Parks employees will select 10 photos for final judging by the panel. The winning image will be evaluated based on overall impact, artistic merit, and technical excellence.
If any persons or private property appear in the photograph, the Participant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the photograph in the manner set forth in these Contest rules without additional compensation. If any person appearing in any photograph is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
Full contest details and rules can be found on here.